Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Professional Development

Over the summer, I led a reading workshop professional development for one of our more prestigious schools in our district...Do you know what this does for my EGO!!!  Can you say  BOOST!  This is how I really do reading in my room.  It is a mixture of workshop and daily 5 and all the other structures for reading out there.  I call it literacy lounge and it works for me.  All my kids are reading or responding to text.  That is always my ultimate goal. 

Here is the presentation I led for that
A Week In the Life of a Reading Teacher

Click this link to get an idea of what my reading week looks like.  Structure and predictability is very important to my kiddos and me!!!


Thanks for being a reader!
Tobi
Shearer-ly Sadler 4th Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment